I have recently been awarded three nominations! Thank you so much to My Heart of Mexico and Healthy in All Hues for nominating me for the Starlight Blogger Award and Life Bellissima for nominating me for the Infinity Dreams Award. I am so honored by your support. You all have such unique and inspiring blogs, and I am grateful for your recognition!
Now here’s a lot of information about me.
The Starlight Blogger Award
These are the rules:
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you and add 3 new questions for your nominees.
4. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions and never change the Award rules.
Please don’t delete this note: the design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image. You cannot alter or change it in any way, just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
These are the three original questions:
1 If you could describe or picture your inner soul how will you describe it?
Wow, that’s deep. I hope it is bright and pure, and because I am redeemed, it is spotless.
2 What are you working on right now?
Literally, this post. But as for my blog in general I am excited about my first giveaway!
3 What is your creative dream project?
Hmmm. Blogging about my farm life with a roadside cafe!
My questions from My Heart of Mexico:
1 What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
•I have so many ideas I’d like to make happen, but in reality I have a baby who needs me, a toddler who needs me, and home preschooler who needs me, a fourth grader who needs me, a husband who needs me… And I’d like to be a better photographer.
2 What advice would you give to newbie bloggers?
•I would say if you do this for fun, then you won’t be disappointed. If it stops being fun, don’t do it; life is too short!
3 What motivates you to keep blogging?
•I have this self determination thing that keeps me on my toes. I really want to do better, and share good information.
My questions from Healthy in All Hues
Here my questions for the nominees:
1 What advice would you give for people new to blogging?
•Again, I think it’s important to remember your goals. What do you want to share? What do you want people to know? Don’t worry about what other people are doing. Enjoy what you are doing.
2 What is one creative project you are working on?
•I am really excited about a giveaway I am working on! But trying to get down the logistics, a fair selection process, etc. has taken some thought.
3 What is one goal you want to achieve by the end of the year?
•I’d like to take a writing and a photography class.
Thank you My Heart of Mexico and Healthy in All Hues!
Rules for the Infinity Dreams Award
1 Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
2 Post the award badge and rules.
3 Tell 11 facts about yourself.
4 Answer the question that were set for you to answer.
5 Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
Eleven facts about myself:
- I am thrilled that Barefoot Contessa’s Back to Basics series is on Netflix.
- Growing up, my back yard was the Great Lake Erie.
- I have over 150 cookbooks and counting.
- My favorite color is yellow, it’s so cheerful.
- I can knit a scarf, but don’t ask me to change colors.
- I started as a baker, but learned to love cooking since I couldn’t feed my family cookies and quick breads (in good conscience) for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- I majored in French.
- God is amazing, but outer space kind of freaks me out.
- Blogging has put a damper on my laundry. There’s a damper on my hamper. (Oh yes I did)
- I can (obviously) be a total goofball.
- I want to try glass blowing.
My questions from Life Bellissima:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
•My overwhelming desire to maintain adult communication.
2. A new recipe you would like to make that you’ve never tried before?
•Recently a friend of mine shared a curry shrimp recipe from Pinterest that I am excited to try!
3. Favorite travel destination(s)?
•You know, I am a huge fan of the state of Michigan, so it’s lucky for me that I live here.
4. A great weekend would include …?
•Coffee. Breakfast out with my kids and husband, then a babysitter. A nap. Trying a new recipe in a quiet kitchen. Time to shower and blow dry my hair. Dinner out with my husband, then pick up the kids. Movie night with popcorn! A good night’s sleep, and exploring a new town/park etc after church with the fam. I mean that’s not too much to ask for right? Sounds pretty great to me!
5. Favorite meal to cook for family and friends?
•Anything as long as I’m with my family and friends!
6. A favorite movie or book?
•Pride & Prejudice, Little Women…
7. Something you enjoy about each season?
•I’m blessed live in an area that really experiences each season to its fullest. I love a snowy white Christmas, snowmen, and hot chocolate in winter. I’m always happy to smell the warmth of spring when the frost starts to melt and the buds and flowers start to bloom. I love swimming, traveling, camping, bonfires, s’mores and cookouts to name a few in summer. And this time of year, autumn, is beautiful with all of the color changes; crisp and exciting. I really enjoy baking and cooking and the coziness of the kitchen.
8. If you had free airline tickets, where would you travel?
9. Name a favorite dessert. (I know it’s hard to pick only one!)
•I really enjoy a good chocolate layered cake.
10. Favorite cooking/baking gadget?
•I get a lot of use out of my whisks…
Thank you Life Bellissima!
Cheater alert! Since I have recently nominated every blog I love… I reserve the right to nominate deserving blogs in the future!