Thank you so much to Anna of Life Bellissima and Claire of Paintbox Mum! Recently they each tagged me as a blog that makes them happy, in turn that made me so happy! Don’t you just love how that works? So naturally, I had to participate… who doesn’t want to spread some happy?!
-Five things that make you happy
-Five songs that make you happy
-Five bloggers that make you happy
Five things that make me happy:
1. My family. I have a great husband and four beautiful children. Recently I had some painful testing done. I tried to go to my “happy place,” which I found was not a beach; it was the birth of each of my children. They make me so happy!
2. Good food. It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, it just has to taste good. Good food = happy.
3. Holidays. I’m unapologetically into holidays. The decorations, anticipation, gathering, eating and scents. Happiness!
4. Cooking. I think it is important to limit the consumption of processed food and to eat your vitamins through a variety of foods. I think it is fun to connect with people, cultures and history by trying new recipes. I thoroughly enjoy sharing that with my family (especially when they like it). Yay, oh so happy!
5. There are people/things that make me happy, and then there the reason I am deeply content- and truly happy. It’s like the song “I Will Rise” by Chris Tomlin goes, “There’s a peace I’ve come to know, though my heart and flesh may fail. There’s an anchor for my soul, I can say “It is well.”” It is an uncertain time we live in. I am raising children amidst the chaos, but I do have an anchor. Priceless.
Five Songs that make me happy: I am not a dancer, but I will bop around to anything with a good beat. I enjoy French café music and like to play it while entertaining. Island music can instantly take me on a mental vacation. I’m a fan of jazz, big band and bluegrass in general. However, these songs and more like them make me happy.
1. Hosanna by Hillsong: It contains my heart cry.
2. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong: I like to sing it to my babies.
3. Touch the Sky by Hillsong UNITED: Pretty much everything by Hillsong.
4. 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman: Beautiful.
5. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole: Everyone has to sing along!
Five Bloggers that make me happy: It’s hard to limit it to 5! So I will share my longest blogging friends, they still make me happy! (Except the first 1 which has 2…)
1. Life Bellissima; Anna and I are so much alike, except she actually has a farm.
And Paintbox Mum; I am always impressed by Claire’s creativity, and love how engaging she is with her children.
2. Lynz Real Cooking; My “big sis” Lynn shares her amazing life stories and has such diverse and extensive knowledge in the kitchen.
3. Chorizo & Thyme; I appreciate Roberta’s kitchen approach, I think we have similar tastes; but even more I appreciate her kindness.
4. The Richmond Avenue; Jasmine is like my big city friend, she inspires me to keep up-to-date.
5. Natascha’s Palace; I think Natascha is fearless, she’ll tackle any recipe.
Have a happy day!